We get it, your life is busy, jam-packed even, and the trip to the optometrist is somewhere near the bottom.
The trick is not seeing an eye exam as a schlep, but as an act of self-care. Your eyes are important, they guide you, inspire you and make you independent. Just like you treat yourself to a Mani-Pedi, a new book, a lie in on a Saturday morning or a stroll somewhere beautiful, you should treat yourself to an eye exam.
There’s no time like the present to change the way you think about eye exams and take the time to show your eyes some love.
We all know how time can run away from us and next time we blink it’ll be April. Here are our top 5 reasons why you should go for an eye exam every year:
1. Your eyes are a window to your overall health – eye care professionals don’t only check your prescription, they also check for eye diseases and are often the first to spot other chronic health conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
2. It’s summer – and with it comes seasonal irks for your eyes like an irritation from exposure to UV, or dry eye due to air-conditioning. Your optometrist can help you treat these effectively.
3. New Year stress - the festive season is busy and adjusting to being back at work and in front of your computer screen can be even more stressful. This can lead to an increase in headaches which could be caused by eye-strain. Your optometrist will help you reduce the strain on your eyes and in turn alleviate some of the stress.
4. Last year’s promises - you probably meant to go for an eye exam last year, but your year ran away from you rather get it done before this year runs away from you too.
5. You only have one set of eyes – it seems obvious, but it’s true and it’s easy for us to take our sight for granted and forget that in order for our eyes to look after us, we need to look after our eyes.
Book your appointment with your Optometrist today so that you can be sure you’re wearing the right contact lenses throughout the year.