PLEASE NOTE ALL ALCON ORDERS MAY HAVE SLIGHT DELAYS:
Alcon South Africa are currently backlogged with orders due to their recent distribution warehouse move. They are therefore having delays on delivering all orders to optometrists throughout South Africa, including to us.
We'd like to notify you that we are in constant communication with them each day to get all our customers' orders out as quickly as possibly.
Should you request an official letter from Alcon South Africa stating their apology for these possible delays we can send this to you.
If you have any queries we are here to help and please be assured that your eye care needs are our number one priority.
What are back orders and why do they occur?
Due to a few reasons the exclusive suppliers of various contact lens brands for the South Africa market may run out of inventory at the South African warehouses.
Therefore, they need to place an order for the back order item from their USA based manufacturing plants & deliver them to South Africa which can take anywhere for 2-6 weeks depending on the lens.
Reasons for contact lenses running out of stock:
- Due to the rarity of some astigmatism, toric & multifocal scripts suppliers do occasionally run out of stock.
- There are over 28 000 unique codes per each toric lens brand which can explain the possibility of stock shortages as it is hard to predict every script that will be ordered weekly.
- The usual demand for a specific script may occasionally be high during a week and the suppliers run out of stock.
- A specific contact lens brand is exiting the contact lenses market, and therefore suppliers hold lower inventory & run out of stock.
What happens if my item is on back order?
- If an item is on back order we will immediately email you to notify you that your contact lenses are on back order.
- We will work together to find the best solution to make sure you have vision until your back order arrives.
- We often can work around this with temporary trials for a month while your lenses are on their way from the USA.
How do I know if my lenses are on back order before ordering?
- Send us an email, give us a call or message us on live chat to ask if your lenses are on back order.
- We will contact our suppliers then and there to get an answer for you immediately.
What products are more likely to go back orders & how long do they take to arrive?
What products are made to order?
The following products are made to order and take anywhere from 4-10 weeks to manufacture & deliver to South Africa.
- Biofinity XR Toric
- Frequency Xcel Toric XR
- Proclear Multifocal XR
- Proclear Toric XR
- Proclear Multifocal Toric
We're available to answer your questionsGet in touch