Lockdown level 4 has certainly brought upon some blues! We know that Gyms are closed, which means no more gains, gun-shows and gym mirror selfies. Jokes aside, getting your winter-bod into peak condition is important for your health. Have you ever considered your eye health? Your eye is a muscle and just like those bulging biceps, they need work too! Luckily there are a bunch of eye muscle exercises that we can do from home to keep them toned and sharp!
How to exercise your eyes
Have a go at these different types of eye exercises, they’re super easy.
This exercise works by challenging your focus. It should be done from a seated position.
- Hold your pointer finger a few inches away from your eye.
- Focus on your finger. (Don’t be distracted by the TV in the background)
- Slowly move your finger away from your face, holding your focus.
- Look away for a moment, into the distance. (Strike a pose if you want.)
- Focus on your outstretched finger and slowly bring it back toward your eye.
- Look away and focus on something in the distance. (Ok Zoolander enough posing)
- Repeat three times.
Near and far focus
This is another focus exercise. As with the previous one, it should be done from a seated position. (Much easier than running on that treadmill)
- Hold your thumb about half a meter from your face and focus on it for 15 seconds.
- Find an object roughly 5 meters away, and focus on it for 15 seconds. (Yes, those are dirty dishes you see.)
- Return your focus to your thumb.
- Repeat five times.
This one should be done from a seated position as well. (I mean really, this is the best form of exercise ever!)
- Pick a point on the floor about 3 meters in front of you and focus on it.
- Trace an imaginary figure eight with your eyes.
- Keep going for 30 seconds, then switch directions.
Eye strain is a real problem for a lot of people. Our eyes are not supposed to be glued to something for a long period of time. If you work at a computer all day, or even binge watch Netflix, the 20-20-20 rule is a great way to help prevent digital eye strain. It’s pretty simple, every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet (5 meters) away for 20 seconds.
Contact Lenses We Offer
Colored Eye Contacts Air Optix Colors Freshlook Colorblends Non Prescription Colored Contact Lenses Daily Contact Lenses Weekly Contact Lenses Monthly Contact Lenses Toric Lenses Crazy Contact Lenses Crazy Colored Contact Lenses Halloween Contact Lenses 1,2 & 3 Tone Contact Lenses Bifocal & Multifocal Contact Lenses
Contact Lenses Products We Offer
Contact Lenses Brands