We all know the pain and hassle, however cleaning your contact lenses properly is vital for good healthy eyesight!
Cleaning your lenses properly will prevent them from deteriorating prematurely and most importantly, prevent infections.
Well, are you ready to learn how to clean and store your contact lenses overnight?
Ok then, here we go!
Here's what you need:
- A solid coloured towel ( lint-free if you have one)
- Multi-purpose lens solution ( see our range here )
- Your contact lens case ( see our range of funky cases here )
First, begin by thoroughly washing and drying your hand.
Then, place your towel over the sink to keep your lenses from going down the drain if you drop it.
Next, remove one of your contact lenses and place it in the palm of your hands so it looks like a tiny bowl.
When cleaning your lenses remember RUB, RINSE & SOAK.
- Squeeze a little solution onto your lens and gently rub your finger back and forth over the lens for about 15 seconds.
- Pick up your lens by pinching the sides together.
- Then squirt your solution over the lens and let it rinse both the inside and outside.
- Place the lens into your clean, dry case and squeeze enough solution over the lens until it is covered.
- Put the cap on the lens case and let your lens soak in the fresh solution.
- The caps should indicate whether they're for the right or left lens.
Now repeat the process for your other lens.
It takes about 6 hours for the solution to clean your contact, so letting them sit overnight is perfect.
Ah, fresh clean lenses!
Don't forget to discard the solution from the previous night before washing again!