The winter chills are settling in and while we all want nothing more than to be able to hibernate binge-watching our favourite series or curl up with a good book, life doesn’t stop – no matter how chilly it is. This means you need your contact lenses and with the cooler weather comes a few complications.
Don’t worry though, we’ve got some tips for you.
1. With the winter comes heaters and aircons turned up to warm – which can really dry out your eyes. So, make sure you use artificial drops 4 – 5 times a day.
2. Don’t forget to wear sunglasses when you’re outside to help keep your eyes moist and for UV protection.
3. If you find yourself fighting the flu – leave your lenses out until you’re healthy again as cross infections can happen if you’re using the same pair while you’re sick. And don't forget to make yourself a remedy to help you fight it off.
4. Give your eyes a break every now and again and wear your glasses.
5. It’s easy to forget to drink water in winter, so make an effort to stay hydrated.
6. Your skin also dries out in winter, which means you use more moisturizer. Remember to always put in your contact lenses before you moisturize.
7. And the best tip yet – get plenty of sleep! This will help with dryness and fatigue. So, you can start your day with your eyes refreshed and rested.
Keep warm, stay snuggled up and don’t forget to take care of your eyes.